Are you teaching a bright child who
- can’t sit still?
- needs frequent redirection?
- seems to rile up his classmates?
- often forgets to turn in his homework?
Does this student
- ask a lot of questions, often seemingly off topic?
- get stuck on certain assignments?
- resist following rules?
- suggest “a better way” to do things?
- react in a way that seems “over the top?”
Do other students
- have a hard time relating to this child?
- complain about this child’s behavior?
Services For Educators
In this half-day workshop we will:
|Presentation||55 minutes||“The True Meaning of Giftedness and Twice Exceptionality.”|
|Screening||55 Minutes||Screening of award winning documentary, “2e: Twice Exceptional.”|
|Break-out Session||30-45 minutes||Discuss strategies seen in the film. Reflections on what teachers are already doing and what more they can do.|
|Strategy Session||55 minutes||Julie teaches strategies using her trademarked pneumonic P-R-A-I-S-E.|
Participants receive numerous resources and hand-outs.
In this one-hour workshop we will:
- Learn about the true meaning of giftedness and twice exceptionality (25 minutes)
- Discuss strategies using Julie’s trademarked pneumonic P-R-A-I-S-E. (35 minutes)
- Receive numerous resources and hand-outs.
Julie is “on-call” for educators and administrators to confidentially trouble shoot and strategize specific challenges in a classroom.
Upcoming Teacher Workshops
There are no upcoming events at this time.
Design Your Own Workshop
Pick and choose from half day workshop and one hour workshop and Julie will address the specific needs of your educators.